Looking to host an event our Group at the Amigo?
While our motel isn't set up specifcially for groups, we do host events on occasion. Here is a basic rundown of what we can do or have done in the past:
General Groups: If you have a group and are expecting to need more than 5 rooms, please contact us directly. Depending on the dates, we can likely place your rooms together and perhaps offer a discount on the stay. Please understand that we need to place these group buys on ONE invoice to qualify for a discount. In general, we can not offer discounts on weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day.
Wedding Groups: We get lots of requests for wedding room blocks or buyouts, especially in the Summer. While we understand weddings are tough to plan (we were there a few years ago), as you read the policies below, please understand that groups are almost in every case more work for our small staff:
- If you would like reserve rooms for your guest, all the rooms would need to paid for on one invoice (ie, you would have to sort room payments between your party and the whoever pays would be responsible for damage and incidentals in all rooms). We require a 10% deposit to hold the rooms and the remaining balance due 4 weeks before the event. On weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day, we can not offer room discounts for weddings.
- If you do not want to be responsible for paying for the rooms, we can block rooms up to 2 months before your event date. We would place a hold on the rooms you need and allow your guests to call or email to reserve those rooms. Two months before your event date, those rooms will be opened back up to general online bookings. We would also suggest you encourage your guests to book early, whether or not they are staying with us. Summer weekends tend to book out 4-8 weeks in advance at the Amigo and about half of the weekends, all rental rooms in town are full.
- Buyouts/Events: if you would like to host your wedding and want exclusive use of the hotel to set up tents, please contact us for rates and availability.
Events: If you need all the rooms to host a company or an event, please contact us and let us know a little about your event. We'll try to piece everything together and figure out what might work.
Our Spaces: If you haven’t stayed with us before, here is a quick rundown of our property:
- Two long buildings on 1.25 acres along Highway 50 about 1 mile from the center of Salida. The building on the west side houses our king rooms, lobby and sunroom. The east building houses our double queen rooms, one large king room and the indoor bathrooms for the trailers.
- We currently have 8 King rooms (single King bed for 2 people) and 6 Double Queen rooms (two queen beds for up to 4 people) and two Deluxe King rooms (single King bed in a larger room with a couch). That's a total of 22 beds. On the back of our property we have 4 Restored Vintage Airstreams. Three trailers have one bed, and one has a queen with bunk beds. This brings our room count to 16 rooms and 4 trailers with about 27 beds. Given that we are able to sleep anywhere from 27 to about 50 depending on bed occupancy.
- In addition to the rooms, we have a community Sunroom (about 20'x20' with a fireplace and seating) a walled courtyard with seating and a fireplace, a lobby (about 18'x30'). We also have a center landscaped inland that includes a hot tub, seating and more fireplaces depending on season.