Looking to host an event our Group at the Amigo?
While our motel isn't set up specifically for groups, we do host events on occasion. Here is a basic rundown of what we can do or have done in the past:
General Groups: If you have a group and are expecting to need more than 5 rooms, please contact us directly. Depending on the dates, we can likely place your rooms together and perhaps offer a discount on the stay. Please understand that we need to place these group buys on ONE invoice to qualify for a discount. In general, we can not offer discounts on weekend stays.
Wedding Groups: We get lots of requests for wedding room blocks or buyouts, especially in the Summer. While we understand weddings are tough to plan (we were there a few years ago), a few bad experiences with wedding groups being loud and disrespectful to other guests has forced us to revise our policies:
- We now require a property buyout for wedding groups. Meaning, if you would like to guarantee rooms for guests of your wedding, you will be responsible for filling all the rooms on the property for the stay. Payments will need to be made on one invoice and the organizer will be responsible for any damages and expenses from the group. A 10% deposit will be collected at the time of the booking with the remainder due 4 weeks before check-in. We also have a 6 week cancellation policy: if you cancel your even more than 6 weeks before the event, we will give you a full refund. If less than 6 weeks but more than 2 weeks, we will keep the 10 deposit. If less than 2 weeks before the event, we have a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the original invoice. If any events will be hosted on the property, tents put up, etc, we will also need to speak about costs and liability/event insurance.
We understand that this is restrictive, but we regularly have issues with wedding guests being unruly and disturbing other people on the property. Classic case of a few bad apples ruining the fun for everyone else, but it’s just not something we are prepared to deal with going forward.
Obviously folks who are in town for weddings are more than welcome to stay with us and can book rooms online or by phone or email.
- Buyouts/Events: if you would like to host your wedding and want exclusive use of the hotel to set up tents, please contact us for rates and availability.
Events: If you need all the rooms to host a company or an event, please contact us and let us know a little about your event. We'll try to piece everything together and figure out what might work.
Our Spaces: If you haven’t stayed with us before, here is a quick rundown of our property:
- Two long buildings on 1.25 acres along Highway 50 about 1 mile from the center of Salida. The building on the west side houses our king rooms, lobby and sunroom. The east building houses our double queen rooms, one large king room and the indoor bathrooms for the trailers.
- We currently have 8 King rooms (single King bed for 2 people) and 6 Double Queen rooms (two queen beds for up to 4 people) and two Deluxe King rooms (single King bed in a larger room with a couch). That's a total of 22 beds. On the back of our property we have 4 Restored Vintage Airstreams. Three trailers have one bed, and one has a queen with bunk beds. This brings our room count to 16 rooms and 4 trailers with about 27 beds. Given that we are able to sleep anywhere from 27 to about 50 depending on bed occupancy.
- In addition to the rooms, we have a community Sunroom (about 20'x20' with a fireplace and seating) a walled courtyard with seating and a fireplace, a lobby (about 18'x30'). We also have a center landscaped inland that includes a hot tub, seating and more fireplaces depending on season.